The ER-1 external reader reads magnetic stripes with up to three tracks of information with a single swipe in either direction. In combination, the same unit can read both barcode and magnetic stripe media.
Standard Features Include:
- TTL, RS-232, keyboard wedge, USB/Keyboard, and Wiegand interfaces are available.
- Edits and formats data.
- Can be programmed to divide, rearrange, edit, and validate fields of scanned data. In addition, it allows for up to 16 preamble or postamble characters. Data editing for the Wiegand interface can be programmed with an optional RS-232 adaptor cable.
- Heavy-duty slot reader for barcode and/or magnetic stripes printed on paper, card stock, or plastic. An infrared option is available for security-based applications where bar codes are overprinted to prevent duplication.
- Stands up to heavy use and designed for demanding applications, such as for access control or in self-service kiosks. Its die-cast metal base, stainless steel wear plate, and impact-resistant housing make it ideal for stand-alone, high-volume traffic. Its metal base can be securely mounted with screws, and cable exits are available at the side, end, or bottom of the unit. A weatherproof/extended temperature version is also available for use in harsh environments.
- Barcode: Power +5 VDC +/-10% (35mA maximum), ground 0 VDC (GND).
- Magnetic: Power +5 VDC +/-10% (50mV ripple maximum), ground 0 VDC (GND).
- Chassis Ground connected to GND and magnetic head case.
- Operating Temperature: 32°F to 131°F (0°C to 55°C ), Weatherproof/Extended: 31°F to 140°F (-35°C to 60°C ) without ice build-up. (Barcode features not available with Weatherproof/Extended version.)
- Warranty: One year, parts and labor.
- Slot Width: .055 (1.37mm)
- Interfaces: RS-232/keyboard wedge (AT/XT, PS2, Mac, and many others)
- Dimensions: Length: 5 inches (127mm), width: 2.05 inches (52mm), height: 1.38 inches (35mm)
Optional Features Include:
- A weatherproof/extended temperature version is also available for use in harsh environments. Note: barcode reader not available with this version.